Law No. 234 of 30 December 2021 (2022 Budget Law) was published in the Ordinary Supplement No. 49 of the Official Journal of the Italian Republic and went into effect on 1 January 2022.
Key provisions include:
- the modification of tax brackets, the personal income tax rates, and tax deductions for certain types of income;
- changes to the rules for the replacement of the Patent Box, with the new “super deduction”;
- the extension of the tax credit for investments in “4.0” capital goods and tax credit for research, development, and innovation;
- the extension of tax deductions related to projects for recovering heritage buildings, energy requalification, the so-called 110% super bonus, the “facades bonus”, the “green bonus”, the “seismic bonus”, and the “furniture bonus”, as well as the options for the price discounting and the transfer of the tax credit in relation to building bonuses;
- the gradual increase of the annual limit of credits that can be used to offset payments through the F24 tax payment form or reimbursable through the tax account.
It is noted that the 2022 Budget Law does not extend the provisions for re-valuing the tax cost of shareholdings, an option that had instead been granted in recent years.